Friday, February 26, 2010

A Beautiful Day in LV.....

This will seem like a long post but it's mainly pictures. We like to do new and different things whenever we visit the same place twice.

We started the day with a visit to my jobsite. We are building a Lowe's in the north-west end of town and I thought it might be fun for my family to see a little of what I do. It's amazing how quick these stores are built and how enormous they look when they are empty.



Some of us climbed a ladder to the roof.




Some of us didn't.











Then it was off to New York New York where Bubba and I rode the roller coaster.

After the roller coaster we went back over to the MGM Grand to see the lions. This is a repeat adventure but it's something that Jubee loves. They were very active and fun to watch.

After that we headed to In-n-Out Burgers for lunch. The kids had never eaten there and they've heard us rave over the food. It was a fabulous lunch! I'm still curious on how many "styles" you can order your burger. D-Rock and the kids had theirs animal style. I think the only difference is sauteed onions versus raw. They make all their fries from fresh potatoes and it's interesting to watch. We are very excited to have one moving to Centerville.

In the same parking lot is a really neat cigar shop. We stopped there for a couple sticks and ended up bringing home three cigar boxes that we are all fighting over. I guess we'll have to stop there again in four weeks for more!

After that we headed back to the strip for a looksy at the NASCAR themed rides at the Sahara and Bubba and I decided to ride both of them. They have a ride called Speed and then stock car simulators. This picture is from the Speed ride and I must say it's my favorite ride I've ever been on. D-Rock and Jubee were able to go up and watch us launch. Now when I say launch I'm not kidding. They told us twice to put our heads back and the next thing we knew we were doing 70MPH down an incredible track! We flew straight up into the air and then did the entire ride backwards! D-Rock couldn't believe how quick we were gone. There was no movement of the car before it just flat out took off.

We drove around for a while and then stopped at the famous Las Vegas sign for a picture.

After this we headed to Fry's, an electronics store, where Jubee and I found the massage chairs and just about fell asleep. If I every have a few hundred dollars to blow it will be spent to purchase one of these magnificent chairs. Then off to Rollie & Donna's for a fabulous dinner and visiting.

We got back to the track just after 9PM and our fun neighbors were here so we sat and chatted with them for a few hours.

It was a very fun filled day and having the kids with us makes it even more so.

5 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Great pictures! I guess I'm going to have to try In-n-Out Burgers as soon as they open here. And maybe Eris and I can do that ride while we are there in April. Looks like you are having a good time.

Eris said...

This looks way more fun than turning left!! Thanks for the roller coaster and ride tip - Numi and I will definitely be trying some of those in April.

Keep having fun!

Unknown said...

Why didn't you take me with you?

athena said...

I would love to bring you! I gave away the extra infield passes and race tickets! Next year for sure!!!

Holly said...

I love the ride at the Sahara! It is so much fun! So glad you have good weather and you are having a good time!