Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Pilgrimage.....

My name is Athena, I am an addict, I love NASCAR. We made our yearly pilgrimage to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway today. We have an infield campsite that we purchase every year and we have a wonderful time.

Our departure was scheduled for 6:00am this morning, actual departure time was 6:25am. We knew that weather was coming and we wanted to beat it as much as possible.

Lets just say it was an interesting ride. We had great luck with traffic, not so great with the weather. This is a picture of somewhere between Fillmore and Nephi. Yeah, lots o' fun.

We saw a Tahoe off the side of the road but didn't stop. We felt a little bad but UHP was less than a mile behind us and we could see the driver on the phone. Looked like they were just going too fast for conditions. Us, we went about 35 miles per hour until the roads cleared up after Beaver.

It took us about eight hours and some white knuckle miles but we made it safe and sound. We even got to drive ON THE RACE TRACK!!!


We have fun things planned over the next few days. We will visit one of my jobsites here in Las Vegas, hoping to get a few good rides on the strip, meeting up with old friends and are excited to meet new friends.

3 comments:

KFinley said...

I heard that the weather was terrible! I'm glad you made it there safely!

Eris said...

Glad you made it. Because I don't know who would take care of Cholla if you didn't come back safe. Her reservation expires on Monday.

Holly said...

So much for no weather! Glad you made it safe!! I was thinking about you guys all day! I would have been passed out from and anxiety attach! Hope the races are fun!
ps - Cholla can live with us Eris!!