Thursday, January 28, 2010

Seriously.....

I have worked since I was 16. With the exception of one month I haven't been without a job for over 20 years. I take pride in any job or task given to me. I respect others when their work depends on something that I must do, no matter how small or mundane.

I came to a realization today. Returning phone calls, emails, messages or completing what you agreed to and when you agreed to have it done is altogether a lost art. This is really bothering me. I am very proud to say that I respond to every phone call, email or message within a reasonable time frame, even if I don't have the answer. At least responding with an "I don't know but I will find out" or "I'm sorry, I just got super busy" is better than not responding AT ALL! This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

Well, I was promised on Tuesday at 10:00am that I would receive certain documents from his girl in the office quickly and was also told that if I didn't see it by 2:00pm that I should call this guy back. Hmmm, apparently my "quickly" has a completely different definition than theirs. I still don't have what I need / want.

Being the persistent and relentless person I am (this was actually a compliment made to me today by a co-worker) I have called, emailed and text the guy to no avail.

Now I've probably been put on the "this person sucks and is a pain in the ass" list.

Great.

No comments: