Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Donkeys and Elephants . . . . .

Duchess, Eris and Numimatist . . . . . please sit down.

As I write this I am listening to the RNC. Not only did I not watch/listen to the Dems, I fervently avoided it all together. I only mention this to help some understand my point. We are all donkeys and elephants. We all live in a world where we keep those that agree with our views and beliefs by our side and banish all others.

I had an epiphany today. See, I have a situation that most wouldn't understand. I myself am an outcast. Not because of what I did but because of what others did that I completely disagree with. Not to infringe on a major network, but for clarification, I am going to call these people the Others.

What the Others do is not right in my mind, or in the minds of those I keep company with. The epiphany came when I realized that the Others live in a universe where they think their decisions are right. Therefor, those around them must think they are right also. What I don't understand is that they continue to make . . . um . . . decisions that concern me.

Not sure if the Others are donkeys or elephants; however, they are definitely jackasses.

ps
- if McCain/Palin win . . . what a fine looking second-husband that will be. Oh, and how did they get through the red-tape to exhume Johnny's mother so quickly?

4 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Hmmm, very obscure. I think I know where you are coming from, but I am very confused. You are actually watching the RNC? Now even more confused...

I hope you can take solace in the fact that you are not the only outcast. And you are right, the Others are jackasses.

And they are elephants.

Re your PS: Yes, he was enjoyable to look at.

athena said...

Just that all poeple say what they need to in order to keep their support system around them even though sometimes not right. Why would I hang out with people that would constantly disagree with what I have to say?

Yes, I watched every minute of it. I feel bad for the boyfriend.

Eris said...

Oh, that boyfriend sure picked the wrong girl.... poor kid. Although he doesn't sound very charming anyway, so it's probably best this family has the Secret Service to back them up.

Brings new meaning to the term "Shotgun Wedding."

cuz2u said...

I would have to agree that the others are a bunch of donkey's. Can't even say they are pitbulls with lipstick. If you watched the RNC you would know what that meant.