Saturday, September 20, 2008

The girl with cute shoes . . . . .

Bubba is a sophomore in high school this year. This means a whole new group of nice young ladies. He came home the second day of school and kept talking about the girl with cute shoes, she was awesome, cool and super cute. During our trip to Carter Creek he informed us that they are a couple and that he asked her to the Homecoming dance. Shit.

I managed to get a picture of her dress with strict instructions that he wasn't to see it. Now, the task of matching his outfit to hers was not easy, two hours in a mall, lots of "gosh mom" and rolling of the eyes. Side note, we walked past a formal wear shop and he said "I hope her dress isn't poofy". I immediately sent her a message to have her tell him that it in fact was SUPER poofy. She played along, it was great.

Well, today Bubba had his first date. (Is it really a date if your parents have to drive?) They went to a local fun center to play glow-golf and have a bite to eat. Then off to get ready for the dance, both of them so nervous. We went to pick her up and he was pleasantly surprised, probably relieved that there was no poofy dress.

They stayed at the dance for 45 minutes then came to our house to play the Wii and snuggle on the love seat watching random crap on the TV while she force fed him all sorts of candy. Hope he doesn't puke.

5 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Please tell my why I am sitting here crying like a baby? Oh my, this is terribly disturbing! I dealt with the changing voice and hairy armpits pretty well. The tallness and muscular legs impressed me. Even the shadow on his lip that I tried to clone out because I thought it was dirt didn't phase me.

But THIS???? I'm a wreck! He better be prepared to give me a big long hug this afternoon.

Oh, and yes, she is very cute! Nice work Bubba!

Eris said...

I am also in tears.

KFinley said...

Tears? I'm having a panic attack! He can't be old enough to go to my old high school - can he? He is so studly and dating a cute girl! Man...maybe when I can breath the tears will come!

Just Casi said...

I love it!! It's the cutest ever!

Eris said...

Forget the girl, when do I get to see a picture of the shoes?!