Saturday, January 10, 2009

It took a year . . . . .

D-Rock knows that I have always wanted to jump out of a plane. He wasn't too thrilled with the idea, so for Valentine's Day last year he gave me a gift certificate to iFly. For those of you not familiar, iFly is an indoor skydiving experience here in O-town. This attraction is in the same building as Fat Cat's arcade, bowling alley, and pool hall and I hadn't taken the time to go redeem my Valentine's gift, until today. It's not cheap and I wouldn't fork out the money for someone else to join me.

A close family friend was having a b-day party for her son at Fat Cat's. I decided to take the voucher "just in case". As the party crew was starting to bowl, my Lobster and I decided to run upstairs and check out the iFly. Soon we were joined by the b-day boy's father. After watching for about five minutes I left the two and went to the counter to get a flight time. Next thing I know the father AND mother of the b-day boy signed up too! Ugh, we had to wait four hours!

We returned for our training and found that the mother couldn't fly, cast on broken arm. Her daughter stepped in. As we were sitting in the training room all of a sudden here comes Jubee. WTF? Come to find out the mother that couldn't go decided that since she had missed Jubee's b-day she would treat her to this.

Well, after the training we went . . . . .

It's not hard, but not easy. Does that make sense?
Thanks D-Rock, I love you!

p.s. A special shout-out to Numi and Zeus for sharing this with us, especially Numi for the pictures.

3 comments:

Eris said...

Looks so COOL!! I am totally jealous!

The Numismatist said...

I love the Silly Putty faces!

Holly said...

You are SO SO SO HOT!