Monday, July 28, 2008

New Toy . . . . .




Ok, so the question was posed in a previous blog comment about what kind of toy I was playing with.


This past school year the kids have hit the point where they are on the computer more than D-Rock (the husband) and I. Then, D-Rock started studying for some work testing and I could never get on! Since then I vowed that by the time school started again in the fall I would have a computer, preferably a laptop of my very own.


Backing up even further you must know that I work for a pretty great place (more on that later) and they cycle in new laptops and sale the older ones. I started mentioning it about three months ago. I don't think they thought I was serious. When I started leaving chips and drinks and treats on their desk three weeks ago I think they got the hint. They cycled one in and replaced a mother board on a 2006 and viola! I have a laptop for a VERY reasonable price!


No, the kids are not allowed on it. I have it all password protected so the power won't even come on unless you know the magic keystroke!

3 comments:

Eris said...

I love the world of laptops!

KFinley said...

So...what do I do to get you to cycle another one in for me? I'll send you pop and chips! Wait...when are we drawing for Christmas again? J/K!

J said...

Laptops are awesome. So does this mean you're going to blog more?