Tuesday, October 14, 2008

OM. . . . . DOG!

I have always laughed at people who dress their animals in clothing. I mean come on, get a life, they are animals not humans. I have crossed to the dark side, again.

This is our Lily, our baby. We brought her home in August '07 with severe discontent from Bubba (we're talking a crying, cussing fit). He has since become very smitten with her, as we all have. When she was "fixed" in December she had a cone and wouldn't move, walk or eat with it on her head, she just stood there head down. We ended up having to put her in baby onesies so she couldn't get to her incision. Ahhh, it was super cute.

Well, last weekend my Lobster and I shaved four dogs, my two and her two. I know this sounds like an awful task but we could do anything together and have a great time. Anyway, I thought I had the 1/4 inch guard on the razor, nope, the 1/8 inch. Needless to say at the end of it all Lily was pretty naked. We laughed, oh it will grow back, not expecting a foot of snow the next morning!

After she shivered all day and night Sunday I decided to promptly go buy her a sweater Monday after work. Bubba was disgusted that I would do such a thing! It's a damn dog! It took me about 15 minutes and going threw the rack at least 7 times to find the perfect outfit for her. Once she had it on she was warm and cozy.

She looks adorable! Help! I think she is gonna need her own closet!

2 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Is her nose stuck to the door?

Eris said...

You shopped for 15 minutes for a dog sweater?! Loser.