Thursday, October 30, 2008

From Manilow to Metallica . . . .

I really really REALLY like music. As the title hints, I love all sorts of music too. I make music videos in my head, pretend to play the piano or lead the orchestra quite often. I used to carry what was lovingly called my 'suitcase' full of almost 300 CD's to and from work (yes, they were cataloged via a spreadsheet).

My boss knew that I didn't have an iPod, he'd mentioned it only about a dozen times. One morning I showed up to work and this was on my desk. I found him an hour later and asked if he was responsible, he said yes and that he hoped he didn't step on any one's toes by getting it for me, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? (fyi - my husband thinks this man could walk on water, ie NASCAR tickets) He had had a very successful meeting with an owner the day before and felt like I deserved some of the celebration.

I studiously started importing all the CDs I had, this took weeks and a lot of patience from the fam. Not just me being distant but also hogging the computer for hours at a time. I love organizing, creating and doing new things with it. My kids told me I have a problem. I said yes, it's an addiction, but it's the iPod or drugs, you choose.

I'm proud to report that my iPod is currently the home to 5,147 songs by 479 artists on 483 albums; 50 movies, 13 TV shows, 10 music videos and 1 audio book. Yeah, I'm hooked.

ps - Christmas is coming, stuck on what to get me? Easy, iTunes gift cards.

4 comments:

The Numismatist said...

Can you put my cassette tapes on it?

Eris said...

I have lots of "new" Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond records from the DI.... can we put those on there? and can you download the sleeves so I can gaze at them lovingly?

cuz2u said...

Are you bringing it on our trip. We can share.

Just Casi said...

At least you are diverse.